BECOME AN OFFICER
BMA REGULAR COMISSION
To apply for a Commissioned Officer you must be:
- 16 Years 6 Months - 21 years old on January 01 or July 01 at the date and year of joining military academy for training. 18-23 years for serving soldiers in Bangladesh Armed Forces.
- A Bangladeshi citizen by Birth.
- Having passed SSC and HSC exam with one GPA-5.0 and another at least GPA 4.5 for BMA Long Course. For candidates of English Medium - at least 03xA & 3xB grade out of 06 subjects in 'O' level and 02xB grade out of 02 subjects in 'A' level OR at least 02xA; 3xB; 1xC grade out of 06 subjects in 'O' level and 01xA & 01xB grade out of 02 subjects in 'A' level have to be obtained.
A standard physical fitness as described under :
- Height: 1.63 meter / 5ft 4 inchs
- Weight: 54 KG (120 pound)
- Chest: 0.76 Meter (30 Inch) Normal, 0.81 Meter (32 Inch) Expanded
- Height: 1.57 meter / 5ft 2 inchs
- Weight: 47 KG (104 pound)
- Chest: 0.71 Meter (28 Inch) Normal, 0.76 Meter (30 Inch) Expanded
DIRECT SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION
The professional branches of the Army (the Army Medical Corps, Army Dental Corps, Army Education Corps - the Judge Advocate General's Branch, Corps of Engineers, Electricaland Mechanical Engineering Corps and Army Signal Corps) provide civilian degreed leaders a means to receive a Direct Short Service Commission in their career field. Specially designed courses contain instruction in military history, Army leadership, military customs and career oriented classes.
Persons who gain a Direct Commission will receive the rank determined by their career branch.
Explore your area of expertise a little further and see what the Army has to offer:
ARMY MEDICAL CORPS
Army Medical Corps (AMC) is one of the largest and most advanced health care systems in Bangladesh. CommissionedOfficers in the Army Medical Corps are on the cutting edge of medicine and gain the satisfaction of serving our nation and our Soldiers.
ARMY DENTAL CORPS
Army dental Corps (ADC) is another advanced health care systems in Bangladesh. Commissioned Officers and highly qualified Soldiers in the Army Dental Corps provide their service to the highest satisfaction of our nation and our Soldiers.
ARMY EDUCATION CORPS (JUDGE ADVOCATE GENERALS BRANCH)
The Army Judge Advocate General's (JAG) Corps was established to ensure a smooth judicial system for the serving Bangladesh Army personnel
CORPS OF ENGINEERS
Corps of Engineers of Bangladesh Army is engaged in various construction projects both at home and in UN peace keeping missions. Corps of Engineers of Bangladesh Army is working very successfully in demining operations at Operation Kuwait Punorgothon since 1991.
CORPS OF SIGNALS
Corps of Signals of Bangladesh Army is engaged in various communication duties both at home and in UN peace keeping missions.
ELECTRICAL & MECHANICAL ENGINEERING CORPS
Electrical and Mechanical Engineering corps of Bangladesh Army is engaged in various repair and recovery duties both at home and in UN peace keeping missions.
ARMY EDUCATION CORPS
The Army Education Corps was established to ensure educational training for the serving Bangladesh Army personnel and cadets.